See All Of My Listings Here

Friday, April 16, 2010

Causing Some Controversy

If you are reading this blog chances are you found out about it from an e-mail I sent you. Yesterday I sent out  an e-mail that seems to have angered a few people. In this e-mail I wrote about how landlords are really taking it on the chin lately and that as a result there are some great opportunities for tenants or buyers. My intention of course was not to anger anyone. In fact I have created this blog and send out my e-mails to have the exact opposite effect, to try and help people and possibly introduce them to some good opportunities. But I actually had a gentlemen, who is a local property owner, leave me a message yesterday calling my e-mail insulting and calling me a bottom feeder. I also had a broker friend of mine contact me and tell me that some of his clients received my e-mail and that they did not like the message that I was putting out. I send my e-mails to all types of people. Some are large institutional property owners, some are developers but most are your typical mom and pop business owner struggling to make a living just like the rest of us. In hindsight, I can see how my message could anger some property owners. Like I said above lanlords have been hit real hard lately. Property values are down significantly and many owners have been paying money out of pocket every month to cover the mortgage on their vacant building. But I certainly never said anything that wasn't true. It is a buyers/tenants market now. Three years ago it was a landlords market. Times change. I'm just calling it like it is. For a moment I thought, is what I am doing bad? But then I received a call from a major developer this morning who told me he really appreciated my e-mails and the information I had been sending out and that he had some projects he wanted to discuss with me. I asked him, did my e-mail anger you? He said why? You don't make the market, it is what it is. And he is right. So for the time being I am going to continue my e-mails, and certainly this blog. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment