See All Of My Listings Here

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Lead Generation Business

It doesn't matter what kind of business you are in. If you sell a product or service you are always looking for the next customer or client. While I would consider myself an expert in selling and leasing industrial real estate, I am also an expert in generating leads. Really, when I think about it, at least 50% of my time is spent doing one form of prospecting or another. Some of the methods I use to generate new leads include:
E-mails. I have spent the last several years putting together a huge database of e-mail addresses. I like e-mails because with the click of a button I can send information to thousands of people all at once.
Telephone: Yes, I still work the phones. And no matter how many times I hear no, or how many messages I leave telephone cold calling is still one of the most effective lead generators I know of.
Letters: I like to write. (Can you tell?) I usually send out letters to promote a new listing or a recent sale or lease that I have participated in. Letters are good because people will hold on to them until they need you. Just this morning I met with a gentleman who has been holding onto a letter I sent him in 2007!
Door to Door: Walking door to door can also be very effective. At the very least if I collect a business card from a decision maker I should have their e-mail address, street address and phone number that I can use to e-mail, call or send a letter to.
With no real boss but myself and no one telling me what to do, staying focused on generating leads can be hard sometimes, but as they say " work makes work." The more I prospect, the more I sell or lease.

Good selling!

No comments:

Post a Comment