See All Of My Listings Here

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Back From Vacation

Yes, I took a vacation. I really don't take many. Usually I just take a Friday off to make a long weekend. But this time I took a few extra days, and you know what? It was really nice. I didn't go anywhere fancy, just camping at Lake Buena Vista out near Bakersfield. Going to Buena Vista on Mother's Day weekend has been a family tradition of my wife's for years and it has now become a tradition for my family as well. Taking a little break from work to spend quality time with your family and friends can really help you put your life and priorities in perspective if you let it. After all, what are you working for? What motivates you and inspires you to do better, or to be a better person or to accomplish a goal that you have set? For me, it is my family. Nothing makes me happier than knowing that they are happy and well taken care of.

So the next time you have the opportunity to take an extra day or two off to be with the ones you love, I say do it! They will love you for it, and work can wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment